I first made this snack mix a few years ago with Santa hats ( https://danielleyarian.wordpress.com/2014/01/06/santa-hat-chex-mix/) and instantly imagined making it with carrots the following year for Easter. I finally made it happen and here it is. This is a simple mix that you could put any snack items in you would like.
What I used:
- Rice Chex
- Pretzel Sticks
- White chocolate melts (orange, green, white)
- Reese Pieces or M&M’s
- Bugles Chips
I made the carrots by using a broken pretzel and Bugle.
- Dip tip of chip into orange chocolate not getting any in the opening.
- Then let cool in freezer for a few min.
- Next dip tips of the pretzels in the green chocolate and place in the opening.
- Then let cool in freezer again for a few min to sit up.
- After cool dip the pretzel end into the green chocolate.
- Let cool while finishing the Chex mix.
- In a large bowl place Chex and pretzels.
- Warm white chocolate melt and poor over top
- Place on a lid and shake or mix with a spoon.
- I place mine in freezer until chocolate is set.
- When done brake it apart and place it in a bag or clean bowl.
- When ready to serve or putting in goodie bags is when I mix in the M&M’s and carrots. This limits the amount of white chocolate that comes off and looks like powdered sugar as it is moved around.