A friend found this coconut poke cake on Pinterest and said it was super yummy. Thankfully she passed on the recipe for this super easy cake. It turned out wonderful and was loved by everyone (that liked coconut). It was so light and refreshing. I will be making this again over the summer for sure.
1 box white cake mix (any brand)
egg whites, oil & water (what ever your cake mix needs)
1 can Cream of Coconut (not coconut milk)
1 container frozen whipped topping
1 package sweetened flaked coconut
1. bake cake according to box
2. as soon as it comes out of the oven poke holes all over the cake with a fork.
3. pour cream of coconut over the whole cake a spread.
4. let cool (then place in refrigerator)
5. when cold place a layer of whip cream on the top of the cake
6. Sprinkle with coconut (you can toast but i didn’t) as much or little as you like
To my fail I forgot to take a photo of the finished cake which looked wonderful. Next time I make it I will add the photo.