Pork Carnitas (AKA best taco I have ever ate!)
These are hands down the best and easiest tacos ever.
Let me just say it again THE BEST! I am so glad I found http://peggyunderpressure.com/2011/02/carnitas/ through a pin on pinterest.
You have to check them out and make the tacos. I have made them about 7 times now and they have never disappointed. They freeze wonderful and are great to just reheat on a very busy day when you just want a quick meal.
My kids prefer to eat them as nachos, they love them just as much as I do.
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon crumbled dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 lg can chiles
- 1 (3-4 pound) boneless pork shoulder/rump roast
- 2 cups chicken broth
- corn tortillas
** The original recipe had bay leaves I left them out because we personally are not fans and used canned chiles not fresh.
- In a small bowl, mix up all the dry spice ingredients, except for the Chiles. Rub the roast with the mixture all over. Let it sit for about 2-3 minutes.
- poor in chicken broth place roast on top and cover in chilies and cook.
cook time :
pressure cooker 1 1/2 hours
Crock pot 8-10 hour
The original post has very detailed directions. I am going to be trying another recipe from http://peggyunderpressure.com/2011/02/carnitas/ very soon!