Guess what I love. Yip you guessed it bacon and chocolate!!! My sister showed me a pin on pinterest that included both so I had to try them. Well today was the day the kids were back to school so I thought I would make cookies for when they got home. I am such a great mom:)
The pin took me to http://mouthfromthesouth.com/brown-butter-bacon-chocolate-chip-cookies/
I have to say I am not sure how I feel about these cookies. They were absolutely awful when warm but then I tried them cool and they were actually good. My kids liked them as did my parents and sister. I made 1/2 with bacon and 1/2 without. I did like the regular better and think next time I make my favorite chocolate chip cookies I am using all three kinds of chocolate. YUMMY! I didn’t have to worry about this because they were gone but do you have to refrigerate them? I would think so. Right??
1 3/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
14 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
1 teaspoon table salt
2 teaspoon vanilla
1 large egg 1 large egg yolk
4 oz semi sweet chocolate bar, diced into 1/4″ pieces
1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli 60% cacao just like the pin)
3 tablespoons milk chocolate (I chopped fine. I only found my grater only after I was done)
1 cup bacon that’s been fried until crispy and diced
- Put your oven rack in the middle and heat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk flour with baking soda and Set this aside.
- fry the bacon
- Heat 10 tablespoons of butter in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat until melted. Continue cooking until it turns a dark, golden brown. Watch this carefully. As soon as it’s done, take off the heat and pour immediately into a heatproof bowl. Stir in remaining 4 tablespoons of butter so that they melt. (make sure your bowl is large as my butter bubbled up as i dropped in the 4 tablespoons)
- Put the butter in a large mixing bowl and add sugar, packed dark brown sugar,salt and vanilla.
- Add egg and egg yolk and mix until mixture is fully mixed.
- Stir in grated chocolate, chocolate chunks (the original called for just putting the bacon in as well but I placed them on when on the cookie sheet as I wanted to make 1/2 with no bacon)
- Bake for 10-14 or until cookies are golden-brown and set along the edges but the middle is still soft.
- Remove from oven and set baking sheet on a wire rack and let cool