I can’t say that I am a fan of Snickerdoodle cookies but most of my family like them. I found this recipe for Snickerdoodle bars I thought that these sounded soft and most. Thats the main reason i don’t like the cookies they seem dry and hard. These were a hit everyone loved them even me the brownies held the shape after cut wonderfully and we super moist and soft. I did however feel that next time I will not use as much of the cinnamon sugar mix on the top. I had some left over the way it was and it still seemed like to much. Will be making these again soon for sure.
the original version of the recipe was found at Dozen Flours
2 2/3 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup butter room temp (I used salted)
2 eggs room temp (i used cold)
1 Tablespoon vanilla
2 Tablespoons white sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla until smooth. Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and beat until well blended. Then spread the batter in the pan.
4. In a small bowl, combine the white sugar and cinnamon. (this made too much in my opinion) Then sprinkle the evenly over the batter in the baking pan. I didn’t use it all use it all.
5. Bake for 25 – 35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cut into squares while still warm.