I have been looking for just the right thing for my front door for a long time now. When searching wreaths on Pinterest I found a few images of ceiling medallions that were used as wreaths. I had to make one!! The hard part was finding a good price for the medallion.
The Medallion I ended up with was $17 from Amazon that was much better than the 40-60 at home depot and Lowes for the same size or smaller. The only draw back was mine came in two pieces. They had a lot of styles available.
What was needed:
*1 ceiling medallion in 2 pieces
*felt to line the back (my back was visible through the window)
*roll of ribbon
*cardboard (if medallion is not 1 piece)
- I laid the medallion on the cardboard box it was mailed on and traced it. Then cut it a little smaller.
- Spray paint the medallion in color of choice. (I had planned to do a brown color wash on top but loved it just the way it was)
- After the paint dries flip over and cut felt like cardboard.
- Glue felt on the back of wreath.
- Cut ribbon in 2 pieces.
- Loop the one around the wealth to use as hanger.
- Then add bow with the 2nd piece of ribbon.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!